STRESSED ABOUT TPD ?
You’ve come to the right place !
TPD COMPLIANT - WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Register now to the TPD webinar organized along with our partner Cognex.
DISCOVER OUR LATEST VIDEO
INEXTO in partnership with Zebra presenting INEXTEND.
KEY DIFFERENTIATIONS OF INEXTEND OFFER
INEXTEND offers a fully Managed Service, combining the INEXTEND TPD compliant Software-as-a-Service together with choice of certified scanning device, a pay-as-you-go data roaming SIM and a comprehensive service that includes ordering, delivery, support (1st, 2nd, 3rd levels) and maintenance capabilities.
- Proven track-record in over 30 tobacco-related projects,
- Scalable and future proof software solution including updates, upgrades and support,
- Compatible with TPD requirements for all stakeholders on 2D dot-code enabled devices,
- Lowest cost of ownership for 1 to n users through SaaS-model and cloud-technology,
- As stand-alone solution or (later on) integrated with your software through standard Webservice API’s,
- Recognized and supported by leading industrial identification equipment manufacturers.
SUMMARY OF TPD REGULATIONS & IMPACTS
Key dates :
TPD will enter into force in May 2019 for Cigarettes & Make-your-own tobacco and in May 2024 for other tobacco products.
- TPD or the Tobacco Product Directive is a legislation to fight illicit trade and counterfeiting as well as communicating the dangers of smoking to the general public via packaging.
- For the supply chain, the impact stems from the unique serialization of each individual pack of cigarettes or roll-your-own-tobacco initially, which will be expanded to all tobacco-related products in 2024. Serialization will be done by printing a unique ID in the form of a data-matrix or 2D-dot-code on each individual product. Compatible reader-infrastructure is required to allow both types of identification.
- With the requirement to serialize all production within the 28 member states of the EU comes the obligation for all supply chain actors (Economic Operators) to comply with a stringent track & trace requirement.
- All product movements must be published in a European data-repository, initially within 24 hours after each event but later on within 3 hours after each event. All product relationships (pack – carton – case – pallet) and underlying data must be maintained and kept up to date within this time delay.
- This impacts all economic operators from manufacturers down to the point where the product is shipped to the location where it will be physically sold to the general public (consumer). All these players must therefore implement a Track & Trace Solution that is compliant with TPD and which is connected to the EU-database.
Get more information
Learn more about the INEXTEND solution and how it complies with the TPD.
We invest in solid partnerships to produce long-lasting synergies and give you the best solution.
Edouard-Dapples 7 | 1006 Lausanne
+41 21 552 13 30 | email@example.com